Our income comes from three main sources:
- personal giving by the trustees and other friends
- small grants from charitable trusts
- fundraising events in the UK
Our expenditure is around £25,000 a year, which funds
- Rent and maintenance of the house
- Staff salaries
- Food, heating and water
- Health care and school costs for the boys
Put another way, less than £20 a week completely transforms the life of a child in Nairobi.
We would be delighted if you wanted to join us:
£13 would pay the rent for a child for a month. £50/month pays the primary school costs for all the children in the home. £80/month would support all the costs of a child.
Come along to one of our forthcoming events. Set up a standing order (and gift aid it!) – please contact us to arrange this. Or a one-off donation is always welcome – you can donate directly at https://mydonate.bt.com/charities/friendsoftumaini.
Thank you. And on behalf of the children of Nyumba Ya Yumaini, thank you.